We organise various events such as webinars, lectures, chats, workshops and discussion events. Read more about our events on this page!
Divorce in intercultural families theme night in the Divorce First-aid Kerava
Divorce First-Aid Kerava will hold a theme night about intercultural divorces on Wednesday 1 June 4pm to 6pm on the second floor of the Kerava library in Onnila (address: Paasikivenkatu 12).
At the beginning of the theme night you will hear short presentations from our two specialists: Hanna Kinnunen (Familia ry) and Tarja Räisänen (Kaapatut lapset ry).
After the presentations, you will have the opportunity for two-way discussions with experts or a social counselor.
Babysitting and coffee services will be provided for participants during the event.
BOULDERING WITH MUNDUO
In spring 2022 we're having two wall-climbing events for mixed youth. Come climb with us, and maybe find yourself a new hobby! We'll be climbing in Boulderkeskus of Espoo and Herttoniemi. Participating in the event is free.
Read more and sign up on our MunDuo page!
Espoo: 29.5., 14:00
Herttoniemi: 1.6., 17:00
COupleMatters online Lectures
CoupleMatters online lectures are based on the materials developed by Relationship Centre Kataja. The lectures offer a small moment on big issues. Familia's CoupleMatters lectures are tailored specifically for intercultural couples and are suitable for anyone interested in the well-being of a relationship.
Duo Families 1-2-3 online workshops
In the Duo Families 1-2-3 webinars, specialists and experts by experience present a variety of themes related to intercultural couples and families. After the presentations, there is time for questions, discussion and exchange of experiences. The webinar series has been held three times and the next time it will be held in the fall. The themes of the events in the past have been identity and language development of intercultural children, intercultural grandparenthood, divorce in intercultural families with children, growth and development of a child, and temperament.
Familia Chats and Instagram Lives
During this year, we will organise a series of chats (in Tukinet) and Instagram Lives focusing on different themes. All our Instagram Lives can be found on the Videos section of our profile after the session.
Familia Instragram Lives
BILINGUAL LABs - PEER WORKSHOP FOR PARENTS OF BILINGUAL CHILDREN
Bilingual Labs are peer workshops for intercultural parents where you will discuss bilingualism and raising bilingual children.
The workshops are meant for parents of under school age (7 years old) bilingual (or multilingual) children. In the workshop you will get to know about some research about bilingualism and also share your own experiences with others.
Register here before 14.6.22
ONLINE LECTURES (IN ENGLISH)
ONLINE LECTURES (IN FINNISH)
- Being the multicultural child in school - limits and possibilities (Ida Hummelstedt-Djedou)
- Childbirth in Finland (Marjaana Siivola)
- Cultural balance, when baby makes three cultures (Therese Bogan)
- Making family bilingualism work in real life (Annika Bourgogne)
- Mobile, multicultural children growing up between countries and cultures “It is not about traveling – it’s about life” (Saija Benjamin)
- Multilingualism and identity - raising multilinguals (Valisa Krairiksh Sinervo)
- Stress in Expatriate Spouses and Its Reduction (Kateřina Mononen)
- The joy and blight of being different (Helka Silventoinen)
ONLINE LECTURES (IN FINNISH)
- Perheiden voimavarat (Saija Benjamin)
- Duo puheenvuoro: Vanhemmuutta yli kulttuurirajojen (Emine Ehrström)
- Duo puheenvuoro: Suomalaisena äitinä ulkomailla, puolison kotimaassa (Helena Liikanen-Renger)
- Etämummon kokemuksia (Brita Jokinen-Morris)
- Kahden kulttuurin perheessä kasvanut. Lapsen ja nuoren kasvu ja kipuilut. (Jaana Anglé)
- Kahden vakaumuksen parisuhde ja vanhemmuus (Minna Taipale)
- Kaksin kielin kahden kulttuurin perheessä (Annika Bourgogne)
- Kasvaminen kahden kulttuurin välissä (Cátia Suomalainen Pedrosa)
Familia's activity calendar shows what's going on in Familia and when.
Click the activity name in the calendar to learn more about the event.
If you would like to ask more about an event in the activity calendar, you can contact Familia via contact form or by contacting Familia's office by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Welcome to our activities!